THE ORIGINAL BREWERY...

The original brewery building was used by Plymouth Brewing in the very late 1800's up until the time of Prohibition.  During Prohibition, it produced various malt products/beverages. After Prohibition, the original brewery found it could no longer compete, and ended operations by 1938. Still located near the corner of E. Main St. and Caroline St., The building was purchased by S & R Cheese, currently in operations as Sartori Cheese.

 

THE 'NEWER' BREWERY...

Here are two photos of our current brewery, how it looked 'back in the day', and how it looks now.This building was built in the late 1800's as a hotel. Shortly after it's "birth", it had a second edition put on the backside of the building and no longer was a hotel. It became a manufacturing facility, producing pieces for the cheese industry here in Plymouth, The Cheese Capital of the World! Over the years, it housed a variety of businesses including manufacturing, hardware store, retail shops, Domino's Pizza, and even a small photography studio for Kohler Company, in Kohler WI. But now, its all about the beer.
 

THE TAPROOM...

This is the Taproom, at 222 E. Mill St. This structure was built in the mid- to late-1920's. Mae Kaestner constructed it as a women's dress shop where she ran her own business until the 1980's. After Mae left the business, this became a series of smaller local businesses. Local artist, Larry Basky, operated his art studio from within these walls until Plymouth Brewing purchased the building in 2011. And, thus, began 2 full years of reconstruction, in which the building was outfitted with a 1 bbl brewhouse. The Taproom opened to the public on April 20, 2013.

© 2020 by Plymouth Brewing Company, LLC. Proudly created with Wix.com